Trip- Rating the airlines and flights
you don't have the time to investigate the comfort,
convenience and ease of taking different airlines
or flights then Inside Trip can help you(even if you
do have the time, it can help you! Inside Trip is
a flight search engine that helps you quickly sort
through all the fares by listing in numerical order(using
there grading system of 1-100), thus showing you the
"best" flights first and working their way
down to the worst! This is a quick way to "research"
your flights and choose the one that will be the most
comfortable for you. Below is an outline of how the
rating system works and there is a link to Inside
Trip on the bottom of the page....
is the TripQuality score and which factors go into
flight search, InsideTrip.com instantly provides a
"TripQuality" rating that takes into account
relevant travel needs that can materially affect a
travelers journey. This score, based upon a
100 point scale, takes into consideration 12 travel
"pain" points that are detailed below. Please
note that InsideTrip applies different weightings
to each when generating the TripQuality Score. For
example, the Number of Stops category
is weighted higher than the Lost Luggage Rank
category. At this point, the weightings of these different
factors are not customizable.
of stops: InsideTrip believes consumers prefer non-stop
and one-stop flights and rates trips accordingly.
* Most preferable: Non-stops
* Least preferable: 2+ stops
2. Flight duration: InsideTrip dynamically compares
airline flight schedules across the industry to score
the elapsed time of an itinerary.
* Most preferable: In top 10% of fastest overall itineraries
* Least preferable: In bottom 50% of fastest overall
3. On-time performance: InsideTrip taps into the past
62 days of historical trends.
* Most preferable: Flights with greater than 80% on-time
* Least preferable: Flights with less than 50% on-time
4. Security wait time: InsideTrip provides information
on the travelers potential security check time
through sophisticated analysis of TSA airport data
such as location of travel, time of day, day of week,
airline, and more.
* Most preferable: Flights with historical average
wait time of less than 5 min
* Least preferable: Flights with historical average
wait time of greater than 12 min
room: InsideTrip provides data on the minimum available
seat legroom of the aircraft for a specific airline
on an itinerary.
* Most preferable: Aircraft with above average legroom
(minimum of 33"+)
* Least preferable: Aircraft with below average legroom
(less than 31")
2. Aircraft type: InsideTrip believes that travelers
generally prefer larger jets and rates itineraries
* Most preferable: Wide-body, jet aircraft
* Least preferable: Propeller-driven aircraft
3. Aircraft age: InsideTrip estimates the average
age of the aircraft for a specific airline on an itinerary.
* Most preferable: Average aircraft sub-fleet age
of less than 5 years
* Least preferable: Average aircraft sub-fleet age
greater than 15 years
4. Historical airplane passenger loads: InsideTrip
shares how full your flight may be based on market
data from the previous year during the same month.
* Most preferable: For the same month last year, averaged
less than 60% full
* Least preferable: For the same month last year,
averaged greater than 85% full
time: InsideTrip helps alert travelers to the length
of potentially short or long layovers.
* Most preferable: Domestic: 45 min to 90 min. Intl:
90 min to 150 min
* Least preferable: Greater than 3 hours
2. Routing quality: InsideTrip determines the degree
an itinerary routing is out-of-the way.
* Most preferable: Flying less than 10% "extra"
miles than flying non-stop
* Least preferable: Flying 25%+ "extra"
miles than flying non-stop
3. Lost luggage track record: InsideTrip knows how
often a specific airline tends to lose luggage (based
on the Department of Transportation historical data).
* Most preferable: US DOT airline ranking in top 3
of 20 US airlines
* Least preferable: US DOT airline ranking in bottom
14 of US airlines
4. Airport gate locations: InsideTrip knows both the
departing and connecting gate locations and scores
those itineraries that do not involve a bus/train
* Most preferable: Walking to your departing or connecting
* Least preferable: Taking a bus/train to your departing
or connecting gate
I customize my own TripQuality score?
Although the default TripQuality score uses all 12
factors, you can create your own custom score by using
the TripQuality Dashboard at the top of the page.
All you have to do is deselect those factors important
to you and then click the Recalculate TripQuality
button. The "TripQuality" rating can be
recalculated instantly when a shopper selects the
comfort features that are specifically important to
at Inside Trip